Crab is perhaps the yummiest critter to crawl the ocean floor. Sorry lobster, but crab is sweet, juicy and downright luxurious. It doesn’t require a lot of fuss. And yet, whoever you serve it to feels like they have been fussed over. And isn’t that just the kind of entertaining you want to do? Easy for you but your guests feel like a million bucks? Oh yeah!
In my case, there were no guests. Just my hubby and he sure loved this crab cocktail. He didn’t care that they took 4 minutes to make. Just steam them quickly, chill them and ta-da! Happy people.
I love snow crab because the legs are super easy to eat. Just snap them in half and the oh-so-yummy crab comes right out of the shell. A quick dip in the sauce and my oh my! So grab some next time you see them at your fish market and be prepared for happy dinner guests (or happy hubby, your call.)
- 1 pound frozen snow crab clusters, thawed
- ⅓ cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. prepared horseradish, or more to taste
- Fill a pot with about 2 inches of water and put a steamer insert in the pot. Put a lid on the pot and bring to a boil over high heat.
- When the water is boiling, arrange the crab legs in the steamer insert and cover the pot.
- Steam the crab legs for 4 minutes.
- While the crab legs steam, mix together the chili sauce or ketchup and horseradish. Add more horseradish if you like it spicier.
- Remove the crab legs from the pan and let cool. If you like, chill them for a couple hours. Serve with the cocktail sauce.