Woo-hoo! It’s Friday people!!!! As I often say to my parent friends at daycare drop-off, “we survived another one!” That calls for a cocktail. With Spring trying desperately to make its way through the cold, cold rain, nothing but a light, refreshing cocktail would suffice. Enter Moscow mule.
It was a perfect opportunity to break out the hammered copper mugs I got Jeff for Christmas. He was firing up the charcoal grill to cook some steak, so we had some time on the deck. Perfect for a Moscow mule. This cocktail takes about 3 seconds to make. Fill mug with ice. Add vodka. Add ginger beer and lime juice. Stir. Relax. (Repeat if necessary – it IS Friday, after all…)
We will be drinking these all summer – so come on over – we’ve got more mugs!
- 4 oz. vodka
- 1 can ginger beer
- 1 lime, plus wedges or slices for garnish
- Fill 2 copper mugs or glasses with ice.
- Pour 2 oz. of vodka in each mug. Top each with half the ginger beer.
- Squeeze juice of half a lime over each.
- Stir. Garnish with a slice of wedge of lime.
- Enjoy, preferably on your deck or patio!