Easy oven-roasted broccoli with garlic and Parmesan. A quick, healthy way to prepare broccoli.
This may look like broccoli, but it’s so much more. It’s a miracle, the triumph of good over evil, a shining beacon of hope. OK, maybe I’m exaggerating, but only a little. For 3 years now, I have been determined to get my little Eclair to eat broccoli. She loved it when she was little but then it went on the (lengthy) list of things she doesn’t like. On several occasions, she cried when i put it in front of her. She even refused to try my super-cheesy broccoli cheddar soup. But lately, she’s been more willing to try things, so I made this on Friday night and after several attempts to talk me out of having to eat it, she reluctantly put a piece in her mouth. Her expression was priceless. She didn’t want to like it, but she did.
And so, this oven-roasted broccoli will be a regular in my house. It’s super easy: just toss the broccoli with some olive oil, salt and pepper and put it on a baking sheet with a few cloves of garlic. Roast it for a bit and then top with grated Parmesan and a little lemon juice.
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Trim the thick stems from the broccoli and cut large florets in half. Toss broccoli in a bowl with olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and garlic.
- Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender and florets are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.