I kinda want to call these miracle shrimp. Not because of how delicious they are. Not because they have 2 ingredients and take seconds to make. Not because they make any meal seem special (I served them with leftovers!) Miracle shrimp because my super-picky-eater Eclair not only ate them, but RAVED about them and asked for seconds. This, friends, is not just a success, but a miracle. I’m pretty sure there might have been rainbows in the sky that night…and unicorns.
We love grilled shrimp. I’ll make them with Asian, Latin or Italian flavors depending on what I’m serving them with. These are the easiest of the bunch, with two ingredients. I had some leftovers from a dinner party on the weekend – some pasta with fresh tomato sauce, a piece of steak – not enough for a full meal so I needed to add something. Grilled shrimp wrapped in prosciutto to the rescue! Jeff raved about the meal (even though the majority of it was heated up in the microwave!). Grill the shrimp for a couple minutes per side and watch the prosciutto shrink-wrap around them in a meaty, salty crust. Totally yum.
They also make a fab quick appetizer. Add these to your summer cookout menu and your friends and neighbors will keep coming back for more. And did I mention 2 ingredients?????????
- 1 lb. colossal or extra jumbo shrimp (about 16)
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- Heat a gas grill over high heat.
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut the prosciutto slices in half lengthwise, then cut each piece in half crosswise so you have 16 pieces.
- Wrap one piece of prosciutto around each shrimp and thread onto metal skewers.
- Sprinkle with a little salt (the prosciutto is salty!) and black pepper.
- Spray grill with non-stick spray.
- Grill for 2 or 3 minutes per side or until shrimp are just cooked through.
- Serve as a main course with beef or pasta or as an easy appetizer.